How Can You Support the PTO?
- Come to meetings. They're fairly painless. Nobody throws chairs in anger at the budget, nor do we think we're an exclusive little group. We value input and/or participation from each family at Pinon.
- Volunteer. Each fundraiser and requires many helpers as do our fun community building activities like Field Day and the Spring Carnival. You can lead a committee, handle some behind the scenes stuff, or just volunteer for a couple of hours for Field Day. All help is appreciated! Sign up for September 28, 2018 Field Day here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0E4DA5AE2CA3FE3-pinon
- Participate in events. When your family participates in the School Kidz School Supplies, Shelter in Place kits, the Fun Run, the Arbor Day Silent Auction, or other events put on by the PTO, you're helping the PTO raise funds for our school.
- Give. We have several different ways you can monetarily give to support the PTO: The No-Hassle Fundraiser (Even better - donate through LANL so they provide additional funds! See below.), Amazon Smile, the Box Tops for Education program, the Labels for Education program (Campbell's Soup companies), and direct donation. See below for more information on each program.
No-Hassle Fundraiser (LANL Matching)- In the Fall, we do a No-Hassle Fundraiser in conjunction with the Charleston Wrap sales. If you would rather donate than have your kids sell something, you can send us a check.
LANL GIVING CAMPAIGN November 13-30, 2018
LANL EMPLOYEE? Please donate through LANL if you are a LANL Employee! It increases your donation by 27%!!
- First the employer needs to go to LANL INSIDE.
- Once they are inside they can scroll down and under “quick links” on the far right it will say, “GIVE”
- The employee should click on “GIVE”
- Once they do that, they can scroll down and click on “Employee Giving”
- Once they do that they again should scroll down and click on, “Make Your Gift”
- From there they can search for the organization. (type in "Pinon" and select "Pinon Elementary
School Parent Teacher Organization of New Mexico.)
- For the 2018 calendar year, LANS is donating $.27 per $1 donated by each employee with a max of $1,350 per employee.
Smith's Community Rewards - To enroll, sign in to your Smith's account (tied to your Fresh Values card) and click on your name to access your account summary. Scroll down to the bottom to see if you're enrolled in the Community Rewards program. You can only support one program, and our number is 83702.
Amazon Smile - Amazon will give 0.5% of eligible purchases (those items fulfilled by Amazon and not third party sellers) to the organization of your choice. This is easy money! When given the option to choose an organization, search for "Pinon Elementary New Mexico" and you'll see us.
Box Tops for Education - Clip these little guys and send them in with your student! One family uses a baggie held on the fridge with a magnet to collect their box tops. Click here for the full list of participating brands.
Direct Donation - The PTO is always open to monetary donations. You can use the "Donate" button below to pay via PayPal, but please consider donating through LANL instead if you are a LANL Employee!